Using Copper Phos Brazing Rods
Recommended Brazing Technique for Copper Pipes and Fittings
- Heat the inserted component first then heat evenly
- Transfer the flame to heat all around the base of the joint socket
- When the components are a dull cherry red colour touch the rod onto the joint
- Use the heat from the torch to pull the filler metal into and around the joint
- Cool in air after brazing, there is no need to remove residues
Note: When joining copper to copper no flux is required, for copper to brass a suitable brazing flux is required. Copper phos brazing rods should not be used for brazing ferrous materials (steel).